Aural Candy Vox

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tafel Anatomie Shipped!

Yes, YesAsia came through for me!

I found out about D's new limited album release "Tafel Anatomie" about a month ago (yes, I was behind on news) and immediately requested YesAsia to make it available for pre-order. I was happy that they fulfilled my request even though they didn't originally plan on offering this item. I placed my pre-order around 3 weeks ago, or about 2 weeks before the release.

So, the release date October 18 came around and being impatient, I checked the YesAsia site on October 20 to see my order status. To my utter shock, YesAsia listed the album as out of print and nothing on my order information indicated that my copy was ready to be shipped, the order was still listed as "pre-order". Concerned, I checked the other major online vendors like CDJapan and HMV; all of them told me the same thing, Tafel Anatomie was out of print, only 2 days after release. Even more puzzled, I zipped over to D's official site and realized that, damn, Tafel Anatomie was actually a pre-order only release! So by "limited edition", they didn't just mean pressing, but order period as well.

I was really really worried. Even though I pre-ordered 2 weeks in advance, was it early enough to guarantee me a copy of the album? I e-mailed YesAsia and asked them upfront whether they can ensure that I'll receive the album. All I got as an answer was something along the lines of "we still haven't received the stock from our suppliers and therefore cannot tell you for sure yet". That had me writhing in pain. Now that the album's out of print, the only other way I can obtain it is through Yahoo! Auctions Japan, but that method will be expensive as hell (double the price of what I pay YesAsia). I was seriously going to be majorly pissed off if YesAsia couldn't ship the album to me.

But now, I breathe a sigh of relief. YesAsia just e-mailed to inform me that they've shipped Tafel Anatomie to me. I'll have it in my hands in about 10 days, and so ends my most recent personal music drama.

Hurray for luck.

No comments: