Aural Candy Vox

Monday, October 30, 2006

purple SKY (Fall 2006)

My copy of the fall purple SKY issue arrived today (purple SKY is the successor of jrock ink, the first English language J-Rock magazine). Since I did't have time to read it, I briefly flipped through to see what's covered.

The fall 2006 issue features articles of the following nature:

MUCC interview
BLOOD interview
Plastic Tree interview
YOSHIKI at Otakon 2006
LUNA SEA albums
BUCK-TICK history
Gazette Nameless Liberty.Six Guns review
Live report on various indie bands (including 12012 and Phantasmagoria)
Dir en grey at Family Value Tour 2006 live report (written by Go of jrocknyc)
possibly a lot of other things I missed

This issue also has much improved layout design and uses glossy, thick paper. Quite nice.

I also noticed that the magazine subscription fee has gone up. Before the fall issue came out, the US subscription was only $12.50. Now, it's $17. Hmm... I might not renew my subscription for next year if the old subscribers also have to pay the new rate. At about $6 per issue, this is pretty damn expensive.

No comments: