Aural Candy Vox

Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Kagrra, - Touhonseisou Jyungyo T-shirt

Whoever says that Japanese girls are super skinny lies!

The Kagrra, T-shirt I won on Yahoo! Auctions Japan came today. After washing it, I put it on and took the picture below. This is a ladies size M shirt, which initially worried me because I thought it might be a bit small. Because you know, Japanese sizes are supposedly smaller than the US sizes in everything and whatnot.

But, the T-shirt isn't too small, at all. In fact, it's a size too big on me. I wear size S for normal adult shirts in the US, this size M is pretty much exactly the same as US size M shirts in terms of width, but a bit shorter in length.
The thing is, I'm not even considered "small" in the US. When I shop for clothes, I can wear some things in petite and almost anything in the smallest miss size. So, I'm only slightly below average for a woman in the US. While in East Asia, I'm considered slightly above average. I really don't understand how this T-shirt from Japan can be so large. (Oh wow, I just gave my size away, to strangers, on the internet. Damn. >_>)

Now I know that in the future, if I want form-fitting band clothes from Japan, I have to make sure to get ladies size S. And this is a lesson for all of you out there in the US who may potentially buy clothes from Japan, the Japanese sizes aren't as small as you think, at least not for band clothes. :D
By the way, for the curious, this T-shirt is from Kagrra,'s 東奔西走巡業 (Touhonseisou Jyungyo) Tour in 2004. I really love this particular design. It's bold, yet stylish. I plan to wear this on days that I feel like being an attention-whore.

No comments: