Aural Candy Vox

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Music Review: アリス九號. / ブループラネット (alice nine. / Blue Planet)

Either due to the bad quality of the original mp3 (128kbps at iTunes Japan), or Shou sounding like he forgot his vocal training over the past year, I can't say I love this song. I dislike the synthesized vocal effect and feel that it just cheapens the production. Honestly, what happened to the magic of alice nine.'s Zekkeishoku album? The two post-Zekkeishoku singles NUMBER SIX. and Blue Planet are mediocre compared to a lot of songs on their full-length album released earlier this year. While this song is quite decent, it can't hold a candle to their early 2006 releases. I think I've begun to hold alice nine. to higher standards. I feel let down.

Rating: Tolerable-Good

No comments: