Aural Candy Vox

Friday, November 17, 2006

Misspellings and Another Money Grubbing Scheme

My copy of SHOXX bis vol. 11 arrived today. As I flipped through the pages, one thing, one glaring thing, jumped out at me.

God damn it, the word "interview" is misspelled on the heading of every single Gazette member interview page.

The "inrterview" heading is large and extremely conspicuous. I can't believe it's spelled wrong 5 times (one for every member). The funny thing is: in the subheading, the spelling is actually correct. Guess no one at SHOXX noticed the difference.

As I gazed at the 3 double-sided posters that came with the magazine (one Gazette member on one side of a poster, plus a group shot), I realized one thing: this "generous" inclusion of 3 posters is actually another marketing scheme to cheat more money out of fans. You see, if you buy only one copy of the magazine, there's no way to hang the posters so that all 5 Gazette members are shown. I'm peeved that Aoi and Uruha are on the front and back of the same poster, so I had to choose between either displaying Aoi or Uruha on my wall (Aoi won, since he's my favorite of the 2 guitarists). The only solution to this type of dilemma is to buy 2 copies of the magazine. And there lies the genius.

This just confirms that yes, the visual kei industry is a pack of manipulative, money sucking jackals.

No comments: