Aural Candy Vox

Saturday, September 9, 2006

Wanted: Limited Edition Albums

Why the heck doesn't eBay have more SID music available? I know it's a long shot to get the Renai limited edition album, but why can't SOMEBODY carry it?! Okay, so this was a 2004 release, and yes, only 10,000 were issued. But... I still wish someone somewhere sells it online. Bloody hell.

I know that Gail of Himitsu is also collecting SID music. I wonder if she has had any luck getting Renai limited edition. A 2-year-old release with only 10,000 copies floating around. The odds are stacked against us.

Speaking of out of print items, I'm also trying to get my hands on Kagrra,'s san limited editon album. There's only one place I know of that still sells it. However, the total price for it eventually comes down to $44. And needless to say, I'm totally not happy about this. I'm currently waging an internal battle with myself over whether I should spend so much on just an album. On one hand, there are only a few copies left on the market. On the other hand, $44 is a lot, way too much in my opinion, even if it's "divine music" (Kagrra, = 神楽 = divine music).

Paying only 1/2 price for a regular edition/reissue versus overpaying for a limited edition/first press, it's too hard to decide (oh, why do I have to be such a hardcore fangirl?). Had I not cared about the limited edition issue, I'd just get the albums for $5-$20 on eBay. Of course, there's also the risk of unknowingly getting pirated copies. Let's think about it, how in the world is it possible to sell a legitimate Japanese import disc for only $5? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. This may also explain why there aren't brand new limited albums on eBay. The bonus materials make it harder to duplicate the discs and raise the cost. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Oh, such torment.

No comments: