Aural Candy Vox

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Dying for Creature Creature

Arrggh, my copy of Creature Creature's Light & Lust album won't arrive for another week or so. But, I'm losing sleep over it, no kidding. Ever since hearing their 3 singles from June, I felt like life is meaningless without possessing more of their releases. To my delight, their first album was out a few days ago, but the waiting is killing me! Why won't you arrive sooner, Light & Lust?

For those of you who don't know, Creature Creature is formed by tetsu (bassist of L'Arc~en~Ciel), Morrie (former vocalist of DEAD END, the band that influenced SUGIZO of LUNA SEA, Sakurai Atsushi of BUCK-TICK, Yuana of Kagerou, etc. and I believe tetsu himself is a fan), and Minoru (guitarist, formerly of Die in Cries and The Mad Capsule Markets). We have no idea who the drummer is, because his name is never mentioned and his photo never appears anywhere (nor does he get much exposure in PVs, no close-ups)! Creature Creature has to be my favorite Laruku individual project of all time; I like it even better than HYDE's solo work.

The first Creature Creature work I came in contact with was the Kaze no Tou PV. God, that moment was pure magic. I was enspelled, infatuated, and utterly enraptured (redundant use of words, I know). I actually felt my heart pounding. The delight of discovering another favorite band was overpowering. Man, I'm getting worked up just writing this.

But, a picture is worth a thousand words, or rather in this case, a video is worth even more than a picture. So I present to you all, Kaze no Tou by Creature Creature!


It's so beautiful that I want to weep.

No comments: