Aural Candy Vox

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

News: Dir en grey at Family Value Tour 2006

One.

YOSHIKI (formerly of X Japan, currently producer) was spotted at the Family Value Tour San Bernandino concert. (From mivanx77 of Batsu J-Rock Forum)

Two.

Kyo of Dir en grey was rushed to the hospital after falling down from a crate/platform during performance at the Family Value Tour Toronto concert.

Kyo looked fine for the first song. During the second song, he fell down. Most people thought it was part of the act. He took a long time in getting back up, and several roadies rushed to his side, concerned and helped him back up. He made it back up after an uncomfortably long time, but looked disoriented (he banged into a mic stand). None of the other band members stopped.

After the show, I talked to fans who said he was bleeding around the face, but I didn't notice myself (my eyesight's on the crummy side), and it could've been part of the act.

A couple of songs into their set, Kyo lifted a red cage-like platform. I didn't see any struggle, but it's possible he overexerted himself then.

After the Diru show, while Flyleaf was playing, people started noticing a commotion backstage. There was an ambulance and paramedics there, and someone was being taken away. It was Kyo, by all consensus. It definitely wasn't someone from another band, because the rest of Dir en grey were standing close by, looking agitated (I saw Die and Toshiya specifically, but I'm assuming Shinya and Kaoru were there, too). Then security told everyone to piss off.

There was no meet-and-greet for Toronto. I don't know if is related to Kyo's health or not. It wasn't cancelled or anything, it just wasn't planned at all.

That's the extent of public and my personal knowledge. Despite the fact that he was clearly not feeling well during the show, the band finished their set with aplomb. It was a great performance everything considered, and they have my kudos for that. I hope Kyo will be alright. :/

From iro of Batsu J-Rock Forum

No comments: